Sick Child in Rochester, NY
If your child is experiencing seizures, shock, respiratory distress or a traumatic injury (such as a motor vehicle or bicycle crash, poisoning, drowning) please call 911 immediately!
Please call our office to come in for a sick child, if your child is experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- High and/or persistent fever
- Widespread rash
- Any unusual symptom that lasts for more than three days in a row
- Persistent pain, such as stomachache, sore throat, headache, or an earache
Our pediatrician will perform diagnostic test to determine what is causing your child’s symptoms. From there, we will determine what is the best treatment and either provide medicine and dosage instructions or guidance on how to relieve the symptoms.
To make an appointment for a sick child, please call 585-442-1421, or use our Patient Portal to schedule online. The more information you can provide us up front, the better we can serve your child.
Our office hours on weekdays are as follows:
- Monday: 8:30 am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: closed (on-call doctor in office)
Schedule Your Sick Child Appointment
If at all possible, we would prefer that you call ahead of time to make the sick child appointment to avoid having your child sit in the waiting room while potentially contagious. To schedule an appointment contact our office in Rochester, NY at (585) 442-1421.